Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: One haul to rule them all..now with pics!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    and now, for the pictures:

    At first, I thought that they'd just used Galadriel's body with a new Arwen head for this figure, as the dress is the same, except for the color. However, further investigation showed that there are some differences. For instance:

    Arwen, unlike Galadriel, is not "party fun".

    arwenparty

    she also does not have the man hands that Galadriel did, which was a relief..nice to see they got the sculpt for non-weapon holding female hands down.

    arwenside

    she also is wearing what appear to be slippers. I'm sure that Toybiz meant them to be dainty little shoes, but they look like she decided to throw on some old house shoes. they're also annoying in that they are not removable, and make her stand a bit wonky.

    arwenshoes1

    arwenshoes

  2. #12
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    maybe she just got out of the shower.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    moving on to the other three..

    "shit, I hope these elves don't notice me. it's ok, try to blend in..no sudden moves.."

    lotrhaul2

    lotrhaul3

    their sculpts are all excellent. the orc archer in particular. Paint apps are great, too, which is nice to see. their weapons are sturdy without being brittle, and where soft plastic has been used, it isn't drooping or warped (hint hint, mcfarlane).

    one neat thing is that the orc's eyes have been painted with a slightly metallic paint, so that they faintly glow. it's also nice to see that gil-galad's facial sculpt manages to not look weird or goofy.

    orcarchereyes

    orcarcher

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ February 20, 2005 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Tortricidae ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Tortricidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    my one complaint: (well, other than arwen's big slippers)

    gilgalad

    gil-galad's "action feature" results in fucking pink and blue peg. they should've hidden that big ugly button with the cloak.

    but he does have some really cool detail work:

    gilgaladdetail

    and one last shot of the orc:

    orcarcherfront

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Cemetery Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2004
    Posts
    2,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know it'd be a great idea if TB used those new Arwen hands on their upcoming reissued Galadriels.
    Gil looks cool, and I love the orc's armor but his face is a bit off. It almost looks like a retooled Moria Orc head from Sam's Moria base back in series 1. (I removed that head and stuck it on Orc Armor Frodo to create "Mini-Orc"- I couldn't resist)

    Originally posted by Tortricidae:
    [QB]I'll keep an eye out for that Gandalf you want, in case the new wally world gets more of the new wave in..I figure I'll have better chances of finding them at that one than the wal-mart I usually go to.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I appreciate it, I was hoping by now that my WM would have already carried him but you heard my story of WM woe already. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •